We encourage fans to tape Boiled In Lead performances but only within the guidelines established below:
1) Only audio recording is permitted. Video recording requires special circumstances and written permission.
2) While promoters and venues are made aware of the band’s policy toward tapers in our contracts, that does not guarantee that the promoter or production manager will remember to specifically instruct venue staff to ignore the normal house policy against tapers if one exists. While we will make efforts, we cannot be responsible for ensuring that the band’s wishes are respected. If you are met with resistance from venue staff, you’re on your own to politely explain the band’s position on taping in an attempt to gain entry with your gear.
3) No live recording, regardless of quality or format of distribution, is to be exploited commercially by anyone in any way at any time without the band’s explicit, written permission. In other words, you are free to trade recordings or even give them away but we do not want to see them offered for sale at any price, even if the price quoted is ostensibly only to cover the costs of duplication, packaging, and/or shipping.
4) While all types of monophonic and two-track stereo recording equipment is permissible as long as it does not interfere with other fans’ enjoyment of the show visually or otherwise, no front-of-house sound board patches will be provided. Board tapes are often very poor representations of shows because the size and acoustic qualities of show rooms vary greatly.
5) While it is by no means a requirement, the band does request that, as a courtesy, taping fans forward a CD copy of any recordings of reasonable quality to them at the following address:
Boiled In Lead
Minneapolis MN 55407 USA
Please make sure that the the CD is somehow labeled with the date and location of the recorded performance along with your own name and contact information. If you are distributing the recording via BitTorrent, you can email us the .torrent file instead of sending physical media.
Enjoy the tunes!